This post “Latest Asuu Strike Update – 2022” was created to be a trend showing accordingly the recent update about Asuu Strike 2022, Starting from 14th February 2022 when they began warning strike, until they will call it off.
We are going to be update this Trend Periodically as more Update and News about Asuu strike unfolds.
WHAT ARE THE DEMANDS OF ASUU?
Although many don’t know why Asuu have been on Strike, We are going to be outlining their demands that has made them to be on Strike.
- Funding for revitalisation of tertiary institutions
- Payment of outstanding earned academic allowances (EAA)
- Renegotiation of 2009 agreements
- Review of NUC 2004 Act to tackle the proliferation of universities
- 26 percent budgetary allocation to education sector
- Implementation of the University Transparency and Accountability Solution (UTAS) not IPPIS.
- Constitution of visitation panels
- Withheld salaries and non-remittance of check-off dues of unions
- Salary shortfall