Each year, the three colleges of the San Mateo County Community College District (SMCCCD) — Cañada College, College of San Mateo, and Skyline College — award institutional scholarships to new, continuing, and transfer students.
The scholarship awards are based on academic achievement, financial need, or specific interests such as clubs, athletics, and service.
Application Deadline: November 15th
Eligible Countries: International
Value of Awards: Range from $250 to $3,000
Number of Awards: Limited
Eligibility: To be eligible for this opportunity; applicants must;
- have high school certificates with the good academic year 2021/2022.
- demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
- show proof of high school graduation or the equivalent and complete the Minor Consent Form. If applicable, download and fill out the Minor Consent Form
Application Process: In order to apply for this opportunity, students must follow these steps:
- Log into your Student Success Link (information regarding logging into your student success link can be found HERE).
- Click the link titled “SMCCD International Portal” in the picture Found on the official website to get back to your international application.
Supporting documents to include:
- Insight Statement
Type out a 250-300 word Personal Insight Statement regarding your program of study and how San Mateo Colleges of Silicon Valley will contribute to your academic and career goals. We would like you to include in your personal insight statement your response to the following questions:
- What have you done academically that prepares you for your future success?
- Why do you believe activities outside the classroom are also important for your future success?
- How would financial support for your education benefit you and your family?
- Letter of recommendation in English from a teacher, counselor, or principal.
- Copy of your academic transcript from the past year or last school attended.